- Director from 1992 to 2014; founding Director
- Served in officer roles, including President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer at the state level and for the Sacramento Branch.
- Chair or member of numerous committees, including Executive, Nomination, Education, Events, Finance, Membership, Technical, and Awards. He helped launch the GRACast series to provide another media for GRA to reach its members and the public.
- Chair/co-chair of numerous event planning committees and GRACast subcommittee
- Leadership, mentorship, and exemplary service throughout his terms as an officer and director
- Initiated development of the Kevin J. Neese Award and the Lifetime Achievement Award
- Incorporated Short Course series
- Champion of building relations with government agencies at the State and Federal level
- Initiated development of the Scholastic Fund Program
- Significant achievements leading to the growth and recognition of GRA as a professional organization and valued resource for the education and technical leadership for the protection, improvement, and management of California’s groundwater resources