Groundwater Resources Association of California
In cooperation with the
California Groundwater Coalition
ANNUAL LEGISLATIVE SYMPOSIUM
California's Groundwater Future: Decision Time?
Luncheon Keynote Speaker
Robert Hertzberg, Chair, Senate Committee on Natural Resources and Water
Decision Time 2017:
Flooding and drought, SGMA implementation, funding challenges, unimpaired stream flows, long term groundwater replenishment, California WaterFix, federal infrastructure programs and more!
After suffering through another year of historic drought in 2016, California has experienced record-breaking rainfall in 2017, raising questions about California's aging infrastructure, like Oroville Dam. Will abundant rainfall take the pressure off ongoing efforts to implement long term solutions? With 2017 a make or break year for the Governor's California WaterFix, will the election of Donald Trump help or hurt that effort? Will the feds have a different idea how to address California's infrastructure challenges? Add the recent decision by the state's top water regulators to maintain emergency drought rules in place until May, SGMA implementation and a host of legal issues in the Delta and join us for an action-packed day!
INVITED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Alf W. Brandt, Senior COunsel, Speaker Anthony Rendon
- Senator Jeff Stone (R-Temecula)
- Assemblymember Dante Acosta (R-Santa Clarita)
- Secretary John Laird
- Scott Cantrell, Water Branch Chief, Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Senator Ben Hueso (D-San Diego)
- Assemblymember Bill Quirk (D-Hayward)
- Armando Quintero, Chair, California Water Commission
- Senator Jim Nielsen (R-Gerber)
- Senator Bill Dodd (D-Napa)
- Gordon Burns, Undersecretary, California Environmental Protection Agency
- Luncheon Keynote Speaker – Senator Robert (Bob) Hertzberg (D-Van Nuys)
- Gary Bardini, Deputy Director, Integrated Water Management, Department of Water Resources
- Deven Upadhyay, Group Manager, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
- Joseph Countryman, Member, Central Valley Flood Protection Board
- Ron Stork, Senior Policy Advocate, Friends of the River
- Scott Slater, President and Chief Executive Officer, Cadiz, Inc.
- Assemblymember James Gallagher (R-Yuba City)
- Assemblymember Brian Dahle (R-Bieber)
- Assemblymember Adam Gray (D-Merced)
- Assemblymember Eduardo Garcia (D-Coachella)
- 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM - Program
- 5:00 PM - Hosted Cocktail Reception
Questions? Contact Sarah Kline, 916-446-3626 email@example.com.