The Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) requires that groundwater sustainability agencies (GSAs) for high- and medium-priority basins prepare groundwater sustainability plans (GSPs) that conform to the emergency regulations, due to be finalized June 1, 2016. This GRA symposium will provide attendees with useful information and perspectives on the process for successful development of a GSP. Key topics to be covered include:
- GSP Regulations updates
- Agency Perspectives on GSP Compliance
- Stakeholder perspectives regarding implementation of SGMA
- Coordinating with neighboring GSAs
- Approaches to meet data collection, management and integration requirements
- Developing hydrogeological conceptual models of subbasins
- Historic and Current Conditions Assessment
- Assessment of historical baseline conditions
- GSP Data Frameworks and Reporting Standards
- Approaches and tools for identifying sustainability goals, sustainable yield and water budgets
- Developing Measurable Objectives and Minimum Thresholds for Undesirable Results
- Groundwater management actions on water supply and demand, such as conjunctive use on the supply side and curtailment on the demand side
- Strategies for Adaptive Management under a GSP
- Groundwater management – conceptual review of Best Management Practices (BMPs) ahead of DWR’s deadline of January 1, 2017
- Hear the perspectives of guest panels and speakers representing: California Department of Water Resources, groundwater stakeholders, groundwater consultants, academia, and other governmental agencies as well as non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Managers and technical personnel from existing or potential GSAs
- Water suppliers and users
- Government agencies involved in groundwater-related topics
- NGOs and other interested parties.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS:
The Symposium Organizers are soliciting Abstracts from qualified speakers on the topics described above for consideration for oral or poster presentation at the Event. For consideration, abstracts must be submitted by Wednesday, May 18, 2016. Please click here for submission guidelines and the online submission form.
SPONSOR AND EXHIBITOR OPPORTUNITIES:
Exhibitor and Sponsorship opportunities are available for this event to showcase your company's related products or services, or to show support for the event by sponsoring breaks, lunches, the reception, or the whole event. Register as a sponsor or exhibitor now, or for additional event information, please contact Sarah Kline, GRA Administrative Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org; 916-446-3626.