Hinkley Site Operations Manager, Principal
Job Posting Title
Site Operations Manager, Principal, Hinkley, CA
Job Posting Date: 07/08/2016 Requisition #: 53583292-I03
Job Category: Business Operations / Strategy Job Level: 4. Manager/Principal
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation’s cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, “Together, Building a Better California” is not just a slogan. It’s the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Environmental Remediation (ER) team is responsible for the assessment and clean-up of environmental impacts associated with the company's historic operations. In 2014, PGE was actively involved in more than 150 remediation projects throughout northern, central and southern California, including divested power plants, PG&E operating facilities, former manufactured gas plants (MGPs), retired pipelines and gas compressor stations. The Environmental Remediation department also has a dedicated stakeholder engagement team, reflecting a commitment to work closely and productively with regulators and various community stakeholders. This department also works collaboratively with neighbors and the surrounding communities to address these sites in a manner that respects the individual needs of the community and minimizes disruptions to people who live, work or play in the area.
Manages all the onsite activities, construction and operations and maintenance of a major remediation project in Hinkley, CA. Acts as a PG&E representative for the project with a variety of stakeholders, builds and maintains relationships with key stakeholders, helps to implement agreements, and provides site history, leadership and perspective to the rest of the project team during the development of strategic initiatives.
- BA/BS in engineering, sciences, project management, construction management, environmental management, related science field or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in one or more of the following: engineering, biology & chemistry, utility operations & maintenance management, environmental management, waste management, project management, construction management, contract management, quality assurance, facility security management, stakeholder relations (agencies and community), or safety program management or related
- Residential requirement to live near Hinkley, CA; or be able to relocated to Hinkley, CA
- Available to travel 10%-20% of time to Bay Area and other locations as
- MA/MS or PhD in engineering, sciences, project management, construction management, environmental management, or related science
- Experience or knowledge of farming operations, in-situ remediation and water projects
- 40-hour HAZWOPER (be able to obtain within 3 months after start)
- Site Operations: Provides safety and compliance leadership and oversight of construction and operations and maintenance of remediation Responsible for and oversees all site investigation activities; sample collections; biological surveys; well drilling; construction of new facilities; construction kick-off meetings; management of all waste; employee and contractor training and site orientations; and contract management. Also provides guidance to PG&E’s quality control inspector who inspects these activities.
- Site Representative and Relationship Building: Represents PG&E and the project to various Acts as the site host by making project presentations and giving tours to orient stakeholders to the site and project. Provides formal communications to stakeholders, including answers to their inquiries about the site and its history. Also participates as PG&E representative during local community activities and communicates with local governmental officials. Builds and maintains relationships with local farming partners and regional farmers. Acts as liaison with local PG&E operations to ensure that all activities on the project and at the compressor station are coordinated.
- Project Management: Provide support as needed to project management Support may include report preparation and review, analysis, contract management, negotiating agreements, special project strategy, financial analysis and regulatory support.
- Safety and Compliance: Executes a comprehensive safety program for the site that includes safety procedures; job safety analyses; safety inspections; investigations, training, and daily tailboard meetings. Develops and executes a comprehensive program for compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, permit conditions, access agreements, and agency authorizations. Develops and executes a program to prevent spills and releases of hazardous materials. Works with Corporate Security to develop and execute security plan for site including management of a security contractor. Works with others on project team to develop and execute protective measures for onsite cultural and biological resources. Manages all local property management issues for PG&E parcels.
Employment Type: Management Schedule: Full-time
Work Location: HINKLEY DIVISION OFFICE
Zip Code: 92347-9710
Betsy Brunswick Hiring Supervisor
- URL: http://careers.pge.com/jobs/descriptions/site-operations-manager-principal-hinkley-ca-hinkley-california-job-1-6631093
- Position Reports To: Betsy Brunswick
- Location: HInkley, CA
- Starts On: Aug. 15, 2016, 12:36 p.m.