Principal Groundwater Leader
West Yost Associates (West Yost) is a consulting engineering firm located in California and Oregon and we pride ourselves on providing a high level of client service focused exclusively on water, wastewater, and stormwater projects. Our services include master planning, studies, & design of water, wastewater treatment/conveyance, & drainage systems; water quality & supply evaluation & distribution; water resources planning; water collection & drainage system modeling; and groundwater investigations.
We are looking for a motivated person that can contribute, practice, and provide leadership in the following areas of expertise:
- Water Supply Studies
- Integrated water supply planning
- Development of groundwater management plans,
- Conjunctive use studies and design
- Regional groundwater studies and groundwater banking programs,
- Aquifer Storage and Recovery Projects
- Aquifer sustainability analyses
- Well siting
- Real application of groundwater re-charge design, implementation, and operation
- Salinity intrusion studies
This role will provide opportunities to assist in the development and definition of the focus and direction of the firm’s groundwater practice.
The following are key responsibilities for achieving success in this role:
- Client outreach and management
- Project development and management
- Providing insight and experience in your primary area of expertise to promote the development and success of the practice area and success of the Discipline Group
- Staff recruiting, mentorship, and development
- Performing scientific and/or engineering analyses
- Effective communication of scientific and/or engineering analysis results to both West Yost staff and our clients.
- Participation in professional organizations that positively contribute to the visibility of West Yost in a way that is consistent with our business priorities
- Contributing to the overall positive image of the firm to our staff and to our clients
We believe that the following qualifications are an important foundation for the success in this role:
- Current working experience and client relationships in the California Central Valley region solving groundwater issues
- 25 years or greater experience in solving groundwater issues
- BS or MS degree in a groundwater hydrology related discipline or Civil Engineering with a groundwater focus.
- Professional Geologist (PG) or Professional Engineer (PE) registration in California
Qualifications that would be a benefit but are not considered critical to the position:
- Numerical groundwater modeling experience
- Client relationships in other West Yost locations outside of Northern California(Southern California, Oregon)
- Preferred office location: Davis, CA
- Alternative office location: Pleasanton, CA
- No sponsorship is available for this position.
- West Yost Associates is an Affirmative Action Participant EOE/M/F/D/V
- URL: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/WYOST.jobs?ApplyToJob=67207123
West Yost Associates
2020 Research Park Drive, Suite 100
Davis CA 95618
United States of America
Phone: (530) 756-5905