Sacramento Suburban Water District
Senior Level (Exempt): $7,072-$9,568 per month DOE plus benefits
Associate Registered Level (Exempt): $6,113-$8,269 per month DOE plus benefits
Associate Level (Exempt): $5,818-$7,872 per month DOE plus benefits
Assistant Level (Non Exempt): $32.23-$39.39 per hour DOE plus benefits
Final Filing Date: Monday, September 12, 2016, by 4:00 p.m.
Preference for filling current vacancy will be given to candidates who meet the required qualifications for Senior and Associate (Registered) level positions; hiring list will be maintained for future vacancies at all levels.
Under general supervision, this flexibly-staffed position performs professional engineering work in the planning, design and construction of District structures and facilities, including improvements for groundwater wells and water production, storage and distribution facilities; provides project coordination and direction to technical engineering staff; may serve as resident engineer on construction projects. Senior level also provides direction to professional engineering staff, has supervisory responsibilities over professional and technical staff, and is responsible for significant projects and/or program areas. Benefits package includes CalPERS retirement under 2013 PEPRA and fully-paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance; voluntary deferred compensation and flexible benefit plans; educational reimbursement program; and paid vacation and holidays.
Required for All Levels:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Chemical, Environmental or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Valid California Driver’s License issued by the California DMV; proof of good driving record as evidenced by freedom from multiple or serious traffic violations or accidents for at least two (2) years duration.
Required for Associate Registered and Senior Levels:
- Possession of a Certificate of Registration as a Professional Engineer issued by the State of California.
Also Required for Associate and Associate Registered Levels:
- Two (2) years of experience in water system planning, design and construction, including evaluating groundwater wells; planning, design, construction and rehabilitation of groundwater wells and production facilities; and/or developing water distribution and/or treatment systems and facilities.
Also Required for Senior Level:
- Additional three (3) years of experience (total of five (5) years) including at least three (3) years in a supervisory or senior level position.
- State of California Water Distribution Operator Certificate Grade D2 or ability to obtain Grade D2 certification within one (1) year of employment.
The successful candidate must pass a background check, pre-employment physical exam, drug screen and alcohol test.
Interested candidates may obtain the required application form at the District’s web site at www.sswd.org. Completed and signed applications, resumes and current certifications should be mailed or delivered to SSWD, Attn: Human Resources, 3701 Marconi Avenue, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95821-5346. All applications must be received by the final filing date. All applications will be reviewed and the most qualified candidates will be invited to interview for the position.
- URL: http://sswd.org/index.aspx?page=163
- Location: Sacramento, CA
Sacramento Suburban Water District
Lynne Yost, Human Resources Coordinator
Phone: (916) 679-3972