Senior Hydrogeologist / Water Resources Engineer
The Pasadena, Calif., of Stantec, is seeking a Senior Associate Hydrogeologist to join our multi-disciplinary team of environmental service providers, as a key member of our integrated water resources and quantitative groundwater modeling team, each committed to delivering sound and strategic consulting services to a range of public and private sector clients. If working on challenging projects and leading teams aimed at delivering solutions to some of California’s most complex water resource opportunities appeal to you, join us.
- Participate in technical groundwater management projects from planning through design and construction.
- Support technical teams and mentor entry-level staff.
- Meet scope, schedule, budget, and quality goals.
- Deliver excellent client service.
- Manage tasks and projects, as appropriate.
- Work with project staff and subject-matter experts to develop innovative solutions for clients.
- Participate on technical review committees and support technical delivery for Stantec projects locally and in other offices.
Business Development/Client Service Management:
- Support business development and marketing efforts to grow Stantec’s groundwater and related integrated water management services.
- Support proposal and task order development.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Work with client service teams to win work with new and existing clients.
- Participate in local and national technical associations (e.g. WEF, AWRA, GRA, etc.)
- URL: https://jobs-stantec.icims.com/jobs/34053/senior-hydrogeologist---water-resources-engineer/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=688&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-480&jun1offset=-420
- Level: Senior
- Position Reports To: Erika Schaper
- Location: Pasadena, CA
- Starts On: March 15, 2018, 12:44 p.m.
- Code: 34053
12+ years of experience in the following:
- Subsurface investigation processes including drilling and soil classification
- Groundwater and soil sampling techniques and procedures
- Groundwater management and integrated regional water management planning
- Groundwater recharge investigations (e.g., groundwater banking and ASR)
- Groundwater modeling platforms (e.g., MODFLOW and IWFM) and applications in Southern California, Central Coast and Central Valley of California
- Well design and installation
- Familiarity with geological software (e.g., Surfer, gINT, RockWorks16, and other current applications)
- Understanding of So Cal, Central Coast and Central Valley of CA groundwater conditions and issues, and client relationships and experience with local/regional water management agencies and various industries managing complex water resources, groundwater contamination and remediation projects, preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with client service management.
- Understanding of Central Valley groundwater conditions and issues, and client relationships and experience with local/regional water management agencies.
- Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in geology, hydrology, or civil engineering; MS or PhD preferred.
- Valid California Certified Hydrogeologist (CHG) license, or ability obtain license within one year, preferred.
United States of America
Phone: (949) 923-6955
- Contact Method:
apply direct: https://jobs-stantec.icims.com/jobs/34053/senior-hydrogeologist---water-resources-engineer/job?mode=view