Terraphase Engineering is seeking a Staff Geologist to join our team in our Irvine office.
- Develop thorough knowledge of drilling procedures and standard field sampling procedures for various environmental media (soil, groundwater, surface water/sediment, and air).
- Document and record field data and observations in a clear and concise manner.
- Become knowledgeable with intrusive drilling and sampling techniques used for unconsolidated deposits and bedrock.
- Direct and oversee the installation of groundwater monitoring wells.
- Supervise and direct various contractors while conducting environmental site investigation and remediation work.
- Provide assistance in the analysis, evaluation and interpretation of hydrologic, hydrogeologic and chemical data obtained during field investigations.
- Assist in the preparation of site Health and Safety Plans (HASPs).
- Demonstrate the commitment and ability to implement safe work practices in the field in accordance with the HASP and other applicable regulations.
- Assist in the preparation of project plans and technical reports.
- Gain a working knowledge and understanding of federal and state regulations applicable to environmental site investigation and remediation projects.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree required, Masters Degree preferred in Geology or similar applied science.
- 0-5 years experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Adobe.
- Clean driving record.
- Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, technical writing, and client service skills.
- Self-sufficient and ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to oversee and work with subcontractors (e.g., drillers, construction workers, etc.) while performing field work.
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training
- CPR and First Aid Training
Terraphase offers an extensive benefits package including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, a generous 401(k) match, Commuter Benefits, TerraLunches, TerraTalks, Tuition/Licensing/Professional Development Reimbursement, Flexible Work Schedule, ongoing company-sponsored events.
Who We Are
We are an environmental consulting company that offers cost-effective solutions to complex environmental and engineering challenges. We apply technical expertise and keen awareness of the regulatory framework to achieve our clients’ project goals and objectives. The combined talent and experience of Terraphase’s engineers, geologists, and scientists form the foundation for a comprehensive environmental management approach.
Terraphase was founded with the goal of developing a full-service engineering and consulting firm that provides high-quality services to clients with regional and nationwide operations. We are driven by creating valuable work products for our company & clients, and a rewarding environment for our employees. Our staff is comprised of registered professionals in civil engineering, geology, hydrogeology, and geotechnical engineering.
Our unique company culture philosophy of appreciating and recognizing individuals for their work, leadership, and mentoring, while supporting and encouraging a healthy personal and professional lifestyle help to make Terraphase one of the best places to work.
Terraphase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to an inclusive & diverse work environment where individual strengths and diverse viewpoints are respected and complement each other to achieve common goals. (EOE M/V/F/D)
- URL: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2007580&B_ID=83
- Location: Irvine, CA
- Starts On: May 9, 2018, 8:20 p.m.
Terraphase Engineering Inc.
1404 Franklin Street
Oakland CA 94612
United States of America
Phone: (510) 645-1850