Water Resources Compliance Specialist
Under general direction performs inspections, conducts outreach, and assures compliance with the Fox Canyon Groundwater Management Agency (FCGMA) and County of Ventura ordinances and regulations for the purpose of regulating, conserving, managing and controlling the use and extraction of groundwater within the FCGMA and the County. This includes both office and field activities related to well inspections, groundwater extraction reporting, meter calibration, statistical analysis, and reporting.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can work independently in the field; has experience with water wells, meters, and instrumentation; and the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a wide variety of audiences and projects a calm professional demeanor when dealing with upset individuals. This candidate will be self-directed and have the vision and interest to create a program to manage extensive water well data, correspondence and enforcement actions. Strong office computer skills are essential. Proficiency with Excel and database software, and experience with Geographical Information System (GIS) is highly desirable.
These are the entrance requirements to the examination process and assure neither continuance in the process nor placement on an eligible list.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, and EXPERIENCE Progressively responsible experience in groundwater or water resources which has led to the acquisition of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. The required knowledge, skills, and abilities also can be obtained by possession of a Bachelor's degree in a physical science or engineering field, AND two (2) years of technical field and/or office experience in groundwater or water resources, OR one (1) year experience comparable to a Water Resources Specialist III.
Substitution: Additional progressively responsible experience in groundwater or water resources may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree (year for year).
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Independent travel may be required for this position; therefore, a valid California driver license must be maintained throughout employment.
- Ability to perform work under physically demanding conditions outdoors, such as in rugged terrain, at remote field sites, and/or during inclement weather (rain).
- Experience with analysis and report writing.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Experience with water wells, meters, and instrumentation including Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), and telemetry.
- Strong computer skills in Excel, database software and Geographical Information System (GIS) software and map preparation.
- Public speaking, presentation experience.
- Familiarity with farming and agricultural operations.
FINAL FILING DATE: Applications must be received by County of Ventura Human Resources no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 15, 2018.
For full job bulletin and benefits, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/ventura/jobs/1938272/water-resources-compliance-specialist
- URL: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/ventura/jobs/1938272/water-resources-compliance-specialist
- Location: Ventura, CA
- Starts On: Jan. 23, 2018, 10:23 a.m.
- Salary: 64,763.33 to 90,858.43
Public Works Agency, Couny of Ventura
800 S Victoria Ave
Ventura CA 93009
United States of America
Phone: (805) 654-2405
- Contact Method:
To apply on line, please refer to our web site at www.ventura.org/jobs. If you prefer to fill out a paper application form, please call (805) 654-5219 for application materials and submit them to County of Ventura Human Resources, 800 South Victoria Avenue, L-1970, Ventura, CA 93009.