The U.S. Geological Survey’s California Water Science Center is looking for a Supervisory Hydrologist to join our team in San Diego.
This is a permanent position with relocation allowances.
As a Supervisory Hydrologist with the U.S. Geological Survey, California Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Providing advice to the California Water Science Center Groundwater Availability and Use Assessments Program Chief, Associate Director for Projects, and Center Director on technical matters that relate to the field of groundwater and geochemistry.
- Planning, participating in, advising on, and monitoring progress, quality, and the achievement of technical objectives, milestones, deadlines, and publication of the results of interdisciplinary hydrologic studies and research in California and adjacent states.
- Developing and maintaining an understanding of hydrologic programs and issues relevant to California.
- Working closely with the Center Director, Deputy Director, Associate Director for Projects, and other Program Chiefs and Project Chiefs to formulate plans to operate the entire Center in an effective and efficient manner.
- Representing the Center at meetings with technical and management staff from other USGS offices, other Federal agencies, universities, private industry, and local and national technical societies.
The salary for this position ranges from $96,713 to $125,728 per year, dependent upon qualifications of the applicant, with a full range of federal benefits. This is a permanent position with relocation allowances. This position will be posted online on USAjobs.gov from April 9, 2018, and remain open until April, 20 2018, Vacancy Announcement Number SAC-2018-0159 (federal employees) and SAC-2018-0160 (open to the public).
Applications must be submitted through USAjobs.gov.
The USGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively recruits qualified applicants who share its commitment to cultural diversity in the workforce.
- Starts On: March 15, 2018, 12:44 p.m.